Tuesday, October 26, 2010

random thoughts.... on Canada

And you thought this blog would only be about my ITALIAN adventure. ;)

I got a new free Neil Young download from itunes and that got me thinking about America's northern neighbor, Canada. (For those who do not know, Neil Young is Canadian -- that is enough to make Canada cool, but I thought I should continue my search for cool Canadians -- no pun intended - ha!)

While looking at a list of famous Canadians, I saw Christopher Plummer's name, so that led me to think:
October 28th on Oprah, they are reuniting the cast of The Sound of Music.
I LOVE that movie and wish I could be in the audience for it.
Julie Andrews is one of my all time favorite actors.
I mean, she's just magical.
Mary Poppins, Maria, The Queen in Princess Diaries
And yes, she even has an awesome October birthday (10.1.1935).

I lived a year in metro Detroit and never set foot into Canada. I've been to Toronto airport, but that is it. Never been to Canada. It is one of my life goals.

Let's just take a glance at why the world is not the same without Canada (or Canadians):
*Christopher Plummer
*Neil Young (obviously I've already mentioned these two)
*Tim Horton (this one is specifically for my roommate, Laura)
*Matthew Perry (my favorite character from FRIENDS)
*Sandra Bullock
*Celine Dion (I've been listening to her a lot lately -- laugh if you want, but I'm happy that she had her healthy twins recently)
*Anna Partridge (she's not famous but she's my birthday buddy and friend from camp! Thought I'd just add her in for fun)
*Michael J. Fox (ok, I'm a kid from the 80's, how could I NOT put that down!)
*The Moffatts (anyone remember them? NKOTB = BSB. Moffatts = Hanson... Obviously NKOTB/BSB were better and the Moffatts/Hanson were for joking purposes).
*Devon Sawa (seriously had a crush on this kid... Casper... anyone?)
*Shaina Twain (they love her over here in Italy... :)
*James Cameron (thank you for Titanic. I only saw it once.. but you made millions because girls loved seeing Jack slip through Roses' fingers)
*Robin Scherbatsky (yes, from HIMYM -- I'm hooked on that show!)

Ok, I think I've proven my point... Canada has value in the world.
I hope to visit it someday... I hear it's beautiful!



1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh Devon Sawa. I loved him in Casper. For. Real. I'm glad you mentioned him. Haha.

    ReplyDelete