Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Kindle resources

I don't know if you know this, but there are hundreds of free books waiting to be read...
Kindle can be downloaded onto your computer (so you can read books on your computer for free without purchasing a Kindle) and you can get some pretty great books.


Login to Amazon.
Click Kindle Store --> Kindle ebooks --> Kindle Bestsellers. You will see the top 100 paid and the top 100 free books.


Among the books I have downloaded are all the Jane Austen books (books prior to 1920's -- I could be mistaken about the date -- are free, meaning a lot of the classics!).


Right now #8 is called Naomi and Her Daughters: a novel. (I'm thinking it's the story of Ruth in a new way -- and she's one of my favorite Bible characters!)
I have gotten free books by Max Lucado, John MacArthur, Bill Hybels, Charles Stanley, Gary Smalley...


It's been good for me since I mainly work in life to support my habit: buying books. Since I'm not earning an income at the moment, it helps that these books are free. :) 


Just thought I'd share in case someone out there doesn't know about the awesomeness of the free Kindle books.



No comments:

Post a Comment