Wednesday, October 13, 2010

It's no secret...

I LOVE CHRISTMAS.

October is my favorite month. I'm definitely missing fall in Michigan... seeing all the red trees and everything beautiful about fall.

But my favorite day of the year is December 25! I count down by month and I am not ashamed.

I just started reading the Gospels in my chronological bible reading plan. I am reading all four gospel accounts -- and I love it! Just got done reading about Jesus' birth. What a beautiful story with a variety of characters...

While I was reading, I couldn't help but think of Linus from Peanuts. He gets it. Christmas is about Jesus coming down to earth. How humbling. How loving. How precious and perfect. What an amazing God we have and I love his birth story. I could read it over and over and still be amazed.

PS -- I love the small glimpse of Jesus as a middle schooler. Just goes to show how awesome middle schoolers are! (There's no mention of him in his teens -- haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment