Monday, October 11, 2010

10.10.10 in Trieste, Italy

Yesterday was 10.10.10. I was in Trieste, Italy. What a beautiful little city with the perfect combination of mountains and sea. It is Italy's own "windy city". Trieste was settled in the 3rd Millennium BC! That's BEFORE CHRIST -- whoa! I mean, that's ANCIENT! Most Americans have very little understanding of what history is since we are such a new country!

I went there to see the Barcolana 101010: a sailboat regatta in Trieste (if you open this up in Google chrome it should have an option to translate the website into English). I recommend watching the highlight video (video link is in orange). I saw it all live -- the guys on the winning boat with their wine... It was the perfect day for it!

I thought this was funny: it was actually like face painting for kids...

They are still trying to make me a coffee drinker... so I had a cappuccino. Not bad, but I still would've preferred a Coke. :) 


One of the many pictures of sailboats. Fantastic day! 


I visited Saint Justus Cathedral, although it was closed so we couldn't go into it. This was a very cool door... this picture doesn't do it justice. If I go back, I'll get a better picture.




1 comment:

  1. Miss Jenni B, I LOVE this pict of you by the door. YOU ARE A BEAUTY. I hereby demand more picts of YOU in Italy - next to fabulous architecture, sipping that amazing looking cappuccino, next to sailboats!
    that's amore:)
    e

    ReplyDelete