Tuesday, November 16, 2010

O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo?

My last stop of my tour of Italy was Verona, the land of Romeo and Juliet.

Verona is the quietest Italian city I've been to yet! It was so weird to me not to hear many car horns beeping... people talking loudly in the streets... very strange.

But I like Verona. While Romeo and Juliet's scenes are hidden within the city, the people carry on with their lives.

I like northern Italy. I like southern Italy. I just plain like Italy! There are differences, but in the end, they all need to know and love Jesus!

The team I met there was TeamVerona from Team Expansion.


The team consists of team leader April Houk along with John and Ann Blackburn. The TeamVerona website is not up to date as some of their team members have decided to pursue other ministries. I met John and Ann at the 2007 National Missionary Convention. It was good to see them again and spend some time getting to know them. April is moving back to Texas this spring to get married!

Sunday morning we had church service in April's living room. It was just April, John, Ann, me, and two of John and Ann's children -- Bryan and Avonlea. Bryan reminds me so much of my stepbrother, Bryan. I'm sure they'd be friends if they ever got the chance to meet! We played a fun game called Matchmaker (anyone got Fiddler stuck in their heads now?!). It was a game where you had 5 choices of a certain thing (5 different cars, pets, vacations...) and you had to guess what the other people would choose. It was simple yet fun to get to know everyone better! We listened to a message through itunes podcasts about walking righteously.

Sunday's lunch: Skyline chili and chocolate cake! YUM!


Sunday night entertainment: ballet of CINDERELLA!


God's work is being done here in Italy by wonderful people like the people I met on my trip. They shared their homes with me as well as their stories. I will forever be grateful for the experiences I have had on this 11 day journey through Italy.

No comments:

Post a Comment