Monday, November 29, 2010

ABC...

My time in Udine (where I am living right now) began when I visited Italy for the first time in 2007. I spent three weeks in Italy visiting my stepmom (at that time, she was still my dad's fiancee!), stepbrothers and stepsister.

In 2007, I met Ken and Ruthann Wells (along with their six kids). Ken is the leader of the church plant here in Udine.

I also met Jesse and Heather Faught, a couple who was ministering with the church in Udine. One day while talking to Heather, she mentioned that Italy is a really tough place to do ministry. She said it was the missionary graveyard -- most people who come to Italy to minister don't last. My initial thoughts on hearing that were: Well, good for you. You're in Italy and YOU'RE making it. I am just going to go back to America and continue ministry there. But when I got back to America, I could not stop thinking about the people. God has put this desire in me to go back to Italy, to tell them about Jesus, to share life with Italians. I am not sure what the future holds, but I am more willing today than I was in 2007.


While I am here, I go to ABC... Assemblia Biblica Cristiana. It is at 5.30 pm.

The street the building is on:


*side note: Don't go to the website. It is not active.



Who can separate us from the love of Christ? Romans 8.35


Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11.28


 This church plant is part of the Saints Equipped to Evangelize (S.E.E.). It include SBI (the Bible school I have written about before) and ABC Language School. In October, I had the chance to sit in on a few classes. The kids met in a library.

Young ones:


The older kids:



Adult class:


That night Maureen, Emily, and Sarah (the English teachers) had a Mexican night for the advanced students.



There is something appealing to me about teaching English as a Second Language (ESL) because of the interactions that would bring with Italians. I am checking out my options, but coming back for a few months to do ESL would be a good step along this journey.

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO behind you, Jenni. I am remembering tonight back to our first conversations in the empty cabins the night before campers arrived back in 2007 and even then you talked about Italy and the place it had in your heart. Wowie. What a road you have walked with God until now, and from here on out... <3

    ReplyDelete