Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Gifted

Alright, so I just finished listening to the latest of the Game Plan series.

Could a message be more perfectly timed?


God guides through opportunities. What you are doing through your current opportunity is important.

People have plans, but at the end of the day, people talk about opportunities that come along.

You don’t know what God will do. Be ready.

If you’re in a position where you want to do something else, what are you doing with what is right in front of you?

Colossians 3.23: Wherever you go, whatever you do… right now… put your heart into it.

Questions to ask yourself: 
Would you give yourself the next opportunity if you were in charge?
Are you preparing for the next opportunity or are you just waiting on it?
What can you begin to do now to prepare for the next opportunity? What can you be reading? What can you do in the waiting time to make sure it’s not a wasted opportunity?
Is there an opportunity you are ignoring right now because the income does not match the workload?

The most strategic person in the OT besides Abraham and Moses was Joseph. Everything he did up until the time he was thirty years old was beneath him.

It got me thinking about life... Why is it that people assume that once you have a degree in hand, you know what you want to do? 

At the beginning of my 20's, I told myself that the 20's will be for discovering more about myself, what passions I have, how God has wired me. God has not disappointed me in that area. 


This past year at MCC was a lot about finding out about myself. My strengths and weaknesses, my personality, how God has wired me. So when I came to the message in the Game Plan series that talked about finding your gifts and utilizing them, I was excited. I have taken spiritual gifts tests before and scored high in exhortation, mercy/compassion, and service/helps. While these were still high, there were others that topped the list.

Given my current opportunities, it didn't surprise me that my gifts are changing according to this season of life. I still believe I have the other gifts, but others are being developed, and that is exciting to me!

Top three: Missionary, apostle, and shepherd.

Want to take the test?

Btw, if you are a Christian and do not know your gifts and/or are not using them, you are not only doing yourself a disservice but the Body of Christ. We NEED you and your gifts. God has designed you in a special way to fill special needs... and you are valuable. Get serious. YOU'RE GIFTED!

2 comments:

  1. That's great to see how God is using the time in your life to help you discover yourself, your gifts, and where and how you can be used by Him. You really are fortunate to have this time now...to be single and concentrate on spiritual growth, purpose, etc. I am so excited about the future for you. Some guy is going to be so lucky to snatch up a strong, mature, and confident Jenni...a girl whose heart is all about Jesus, a woman who knows what she wants, and knows who and whose she is. God is so using this time in your life. Keep letting Him create in you. It's a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete