Friday, November 26, 2010

jolly ole england

I just got back from a trip to visit friends in Birmingham, England. It was wonderful to hear British accents, read things in English (!), experience the BullRing (HUGE mall), the German Market that was in town -- so much good food! I enjoyed some Starbucks and Subway along with Refreshers and J2O.

I am a small town girl at heart, but I love cities. There's a simple treasure at taking something so big as a city and carving out your little place in it. I have come to love the little area I know in Birmingham.


I went to see HP7 with Brian and Lydia. What a fantastic couple. 


I got to see Jenny briefly while checking out the Canvas house.


I got to chat with Natalie about being a missionary in Europe. It was good to hear from her and also to see what her husband Rob, Natalie and the Canvas team have done since I saw them last. I was in Birmingham for the first time in the summer of 2006. Our team from KCU were at the Pavilion the same time Rob and Natalie were. Rob and Natalie were scouting out the area for their ministry. That summer they were not dating, but now they are married and have one stylish little addition to their family: Benjamin!

*sidenote: during our summer at the Pavilion, we painted things such as the door of the gents bathroom. We're still proud of our work. :)


Dennis and Fi were dating when I came in 2006. Now they are married with a son, Ethan! He is such a cool kid! Didn't get a picture of Fi's older kids, Kate and Adam, but they have grown so much! 


I didn't know if I would see them or not, but I got to see the family Lolly stayed with: Fiona, Emily (13), and Katie (10). I received my first Christmas card from Katie. It's super cool and I love it!


One of my favorite things in life is quality time with people. My heart is full. I am thankful!

No comments:

Post a Comment