Thursday, September 30, 2010

Small successes are big ones

It has been two weeks.
I have learned some Italian and can now pick out words when people are talking...

This week I have successfully:
*Learned what NOT to do at a train station (AKA I got on the wrong train, got off at the stop in the middle of nowhere, and was saddened by the "disruption")
*turned the "disruption" into a great moment to see Irene's school and some of Gorizia.
*ordered a train ticket in Italian! This is super duper for me. Although I was slow in speaking my request, the guy at the ticket counter understood me!
*seen SBI -- a Bible college that is in a super cute little town called San Lorenzo. (This deserves another post, so it will likely be the next one)
*figured out how to do laundry! (Ok, so I LOVE doing laundry and I'm excited that I know which soap goes where in the washing machine... and I like that we dry our laundry outside. In the sun. Except when it rains all weekend -- like last weekend. But it's all good... I LOVE DOING LAUNDRY!).

The small successes ARE the big successes these days...

1 comment:

  1. you are too cute! yes, rejoice and delight in those small successes!

    ReplyDelete