Saturday, September 18, 2010

To those who think I'm leading the good life in Italy...

I know where you are. You're working for that boss who does not treat people as they should. You work at the job you have just to pay the bills. You are not satisfied with the life you're leading and have a discontentment you can't really explain.

I know; I've been there.

And here's the encouragement I give you found in Wild Goose Chase (pg. 37):

Don't whine. Don't complain. And don't check out. Make the most of the situation. Do little things like they are big things. Keep a good attitude. And faithfully carry out your current obligations. If your job isn't exciting, then bring some excitement to the job. One of the greatest acts of worship is keeping a good attitude in a bad situation. And doing a good job at a bad job honors God. It will also open doors of opportunity down the road. It did for Nehemiah. 

I have been through a lot of different situations to get me to where I am at today. My encouragement to you is to smile, try to enjoy life WHERE YOU ARE AT THIS MOMENT, and be the best employee/boss/mother/wife/daughter/sister/friend/(insert whatever else you can think of) you can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment