Thursday, September 9, 2010

prayer requests

For a while I was beginning to think I wouldn't have anything to do in Italy other than go to the library and study Italian.

I have made several contacts with church leaders in Italy. Please pray that I might use my time wisely in visiting the different ministries.

I am going to Italy to learn more about ministry opportunities, not to meet "hot Italian men". There's a chance I'll meet someone while in Italy and in a lot of ways, that scares me... I have seen so many marriages fail. But in the past year I have also witnessed several healthy marriages and that gives me hope. Please pray that I might guard my heart wellOne of my goals in life is to get married and have a family. It is not my end goal. I know that it will happen in God's timing.

While I am excited about the adventures that await me in Italy, I would also LOVE to have someone to share experiences like that with. So married people who keep telling me to count my blessing by having the freedom to go to Italy, I say -- count your blessing that you have a spouse and/or family that you get to experience life with.

I am going to be exploring and visiting Catholic churches and asking people to be honest with me about their views of Jesus, the Church, and Christians. I am planning on using podcast messages to keep growing spiritually.

Three months is a long time to be another country. But at the same time, three months is a short time to be in another country... Pray I don't get homesick.

Thanks for praying. Can I offer some on your behalf?

PS -- I wasn't going to give out my address in Italy, but several people have asked for it to write while I am there. If you would like it, leave a comment, message me on FB or call me (if before Sept 14 -- otherwise skype).

3 comments:

  1. jenni...i want your new address! love your new blog look. thanks for sharing your heart with us. it's nice to have specific things to pray for you about. have a safe flight and keep us posted regularly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. i added your link to my blog homepage...will be easier for me to check your updates and keep in touch...

    love philippians 4:6-7, but recently began reading this scripture in The Message and love how part of it is worded...thought you might be a little nervous these next few days, so hope it helps and keeps you encouraged:

    "Let petitions and praises shape your worries into prayers..."

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, how have i missed your blog. was just looking at my recent comments and saw JENNI and I looked up your blog. Very nice design. Cute. Can't wait to stay tunned to see what you are up to. So.. that means keep this blog updated ok. The girls will love to look at pics so include lots of you. We still need your address and skype info. So send an email when you get a chance hopefully before tomorrow. What time does the flight leave. Baby Nugent's bday will be Sept. 15th. Will keep you updated. You'll laugh, but still no name!
    PS Be strong and courageous. You'll be great and have the time of your life.

    ReplyDelete