Monday, September 27, 2010

lazy Jane Austen days

I had the opportunity to visit Day Carr's house in August. She is a fantastic woman of God, has a beautiful family, and a beautiful home. Being at her home made me feel like I was visiting a scene straight from a Jane Austen book. My room was simple and exactly what I needed: a place to sleep. 
It also had a perfect little reading nook:





The simplicity of life in the country was refreshing after spending a year in metro Detroit.

I appreciate the hospitality shown to me by the Youngs, Tanks, Nugents, and Kneppers. What other time in my life will I get to live and learn from such amazing people?! I am truly blessed for those experiences.

I'm learning to be content whatever my circumstances. I don't need a lot in life to get me by -- I'm becoming a pro at living out of a suitcase. I don't know what's going to happen when I actually settle down somewhere!

Anyway, this is my little space here in Italy: 

I have two suitcases, a duffle bag, and my computer. I don't need a lot to get by, but somehow we buy into the lie that the next thing we buy will make us happy... I'm talking to myself as much as anyone else... 

God's teaching me: how to be content.


1 comment:

  1. I love your "God's teaching me" and your "learning lessons"...I'm learning from you too! Love your little simple space and your easy contentment...it's refreshing!

    ReplyDelete