Saturday, August 28, 2010

decisions

There have been a lot of factors going into this decision to go to Italy:

~Naturally, I am an indecisive person. The fact that I made the decision to go is unbelievable to most. I don't take decisions lightly and I think through all the pros and cons. My introverted side sometimes gets in the way when I think so much and never act on anything... But I'll save my post about my introverted nature for another day... it's something I've been coming to grips with lately...
~People keep telling me that this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. Honestly, I would be just as content getting a job around Macomb and staying where I am. That is something that is surprising to me. I like being a nomad, but this year at Macomb has been the first time where I feel like I could move here permanently and be AT HOME. But God has other plans. I am looking forward to continuing this self-discovery journey.
~This summer I read Francis Chan's Crazy Love. It was a pretty good book and Chan posed an interesting question that I cannot get out of my head: WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN YOUR LIFE RIGHT NOW THAT REQUIRES FAITH? Honestly, I didn't come up with much. Relying on God to provide for me while I'm not getting paid much is the closest thing I could come up with in response...

Then I read posts like this one. I have faced all of those obstacles. The hardest is people who cannot understand why I'm going to Italy. I can only explain so much. I only know so much because that's all that God has revealed to me. I am going to pray continually over there for the ministry that is being done in Italy, whether I become a part of it or not. God is doing great works there and it would be amazing to join in the work, but like I said I would be perfectly content in finding a job in America, too.

For am I now seeking the favor of men, or of God? or am I striving to please men? if I were still pleasing men, I should not be a servant of Christ. ~Galatians 1.10



1 comment:

  1. i think i said this already but it applies again:
    "i get it"
    and, i'm praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete