Thursday, August 26, 2010

blogging in progress

I rarely pay attention to blog designs because I read my blogs that I follow on google reader (thanks, rob).

However, I decided to learn a little bit more and got together with Amanda S. She is so creative. She's a beautiful wife and mother. She clearly enjoys life... and she's a friend of mine. She helped me put the pictures up... and come up with my own signature down below... thanks, Amanda!

Amanda had the privilege (if you can call it that) to be the first of my many MCC goodbyes. The surprising thing is that I was SO not ready for it... and neither was she. But we realized because her family wouldn't be at church on Sunday, that would be the last time we saw each other for a while.

In moments like these, I am reminded of a Dr. Suess quote:

"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."

God answers prayers in weird ways... I wanted to do a year long internship at MCC. When I started at MCC, I was given until May 2010... but because of circumstances, I stayed a year... and what a year it has been. 

I'll leave you with one of the first Bible passages I memorized... and it continues to be one of my favorites:


Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus. ~1 Thessalonians 5.16-18

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jenni-
    Don't make me cry now! You are such a beautiful girl! I'm so excited for your upcoming adventures! A wise person once said, "Our lives with Christ were meant to be nothing less than the great adventure!" God is going to do great things in you and through you. I love your Dr. Suess quote and that last verse you left has become quite dear to me too...

    You will be missed but I look forward to staying in touch with you via our blogs!

    ReplyDelete